Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baby Beth & Acid Reflux

   All is well in the Riley household and the doctor did confirm my suspicions.  Lucille has Gastroesphogeal Reflux (acid reflux).  Poor little baby.  He recommended I start her on The enfamil formula made for babies with acid reflux so we shall see how it goes!  They also weighed her and oh man...she gained 2lbs in 3 weeks! She's now 15lbs 10oz.  My chunky little girl. :)  She has to go back on the 18th for her 4 month well check and shots.  Oi, I hate shots. =[ 


   So, while I was visiting my parents today, i scanned some pictures of me as a baby so you could see the difference and similarities between me and Lucy.  I still think she looks much more like her daddy, but now at least you can see too. =]





 







And of course, a couple pictures of the cutest girl in the world!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. acid reflux? shots too?! Poor baby! I'm the new formula brings the poor girls some relief.

    And yes, she is pretty cute!I gotta admit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Lucas in your baby pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Beth: So sorry to learn baby Lucille has acid reflux problem. Our oldest, Paul, and also my first baby, screamed with colic for 3 months and we tried every formula they had then, and ended up on regular milk, so I can fully understand your worry and frustration. The worst is that they can't tell you what is bothering them. Please tell Patrick that Grandmama wants him to cool it with the scary faces and noises--babies are tender little things, and get startled very easily. When her little tummy is already acidic, she needs soothing things. Tell him to sing softly to her and tell her little stories. She'll respond to his voice and love him for it. And, I'll love him for it, too. Happy 4 mos, Little Lucy, and Happy lst Valentine's, too. Grandmama Carole

    ReplyDelete